I am pleased to announce that the Greater Rutland County Supervisory Union (GRCSU) will soon begin our strategic planning process that will result in the development of a five-year Strategic Plan. The strategic planning process provides an opportunity for the GRCSU to:
- Develop a “roadmap” to help our schools make the vision in our Portrait of a Graduate come to life in our classrooms, schools, and communities. (The GRCSU Portrait of a Graduate instills a belief that deeper learning occurs through a deliberate integration of rigorous academic content with learning experiences that purposefully cultivate skills, traits, mindsets, and literacies essential for our students to become lifelong learners and contributors in the 21st century.)
- Strategically and proactively address changes in the educational landscape.
- Identify both the strengths and the critical issues that we will face in the future.
- Direct our efforts and resources toward a clearly defined vision for the future of our GRCSU and its member schools.
In addition, the GRCSU has retained the services of Battelle for Kids (BFK). Battelle for Kids is a national, not-for-profit organization with the mission of realizing the power and promise of 21st-century learning for every student.
How can you participate in the GRCSU Strategic Planning?
- All staff members, parents/guardians, and community members are encouraged to complete the GRCSU Community Engagement Survey. The information collected will be highly useful to members of the Design Team as we better understand the strengths and areas for improvement within the GRCSU, its member schools, and in our communities. The survey can be found here.
- In addition, I would like to personally invite all staff members, parents/guardians, families, students, as well as any interested community members to join our GRCSU Strategic Design Team. These Design Team meetings will be held in person at West Rutland School on the following dates/times:
- Meeting 1: October 3, 2022 / 5:00 – 7:00 PM (@ West Rutland School)
- Meeting 2: November 7, 2022 / 5:00 – 7:00 PM (@ West Rutland School)
- Meeting 3: February 6, 2022 / 5:00 – 7:00 PM (@ West Rutland School)
I hope you will be able to participate in this exciting opportunity to assist in shaping the future of the Greater Rutland County Supervisory Union. If you can join the Strategic Planning Committee and would like to attend the Design Team meetings, please email Kristine McGuiness (email@example.com)